There’s Still Time To Vote on SXSW Cannabis Panels
Those who want a say on the South by Southwest (SXSW) cannabis topics that panels will discuss at next year’s event still have time to place their vote. The festival is allowing people to have their say through an online platform until Aug. 21, 2022.
The voting allows the public to decide which SXSW cannabis panels will take the stage at the festival, scheduled for March 2023 in Austin, Texas. Voters can choose from about 100 proposed panels that will take on topics related to the marijuana marketplace as well as psychedelics.
Voters can make their choice through the SXSW PanelPicker.
Proposed Topics for SXSW Cannabis Panels
By filtering the choices offered through the PanelPicker by searching for “cannabis,” voters can see the many options they have for panels at the festival. The list reads like a collection of headlines for current events and hot topics related to cannabis culture (as well as cannabis business issues).
- Taking Action – Driving Social equity in Cannabis
- Black Women in Cannabis – More Diversity is Needed
- What Political Party Will Legalize Weed
- Relief for PTSD? Cannabis, Ketamine, and Beyond
- Marketing Your Cannabis Brand With Impact
- Help! I Just Found Out My Parents Smoke Weed
- Branding in the Metaverse and Beyond
- Why Get High? Psychology and Biology
There are also panel topics that address legalization and various details on different cannabis products, including Delta-8 THC. There are also celebrities in the mix, including former NFL running back Ricky Williams, who would feature on the proposed panel, “Athletes, Music and Cannabis: Bringing Weed Culture.”
Proposed Topics for SXSW Psychedelics panels
The PanelPicker has 32 options listed for psychedelics, a topic that has gained more popularity in recent years. In 2019, Oakland became the first city in the nation to decriminalize a wide range of psychedelics, including psilocybin mushrooms and ayahuasca. In 2020, Santa Cruz, also in California, agreed to decriminalize adult cultivation and use of entheogenic psychoactive plants.
Proposed panel topics votes can choose from include:
- To Trip or Not – The Future of Psychedelic Therapies
- Psychedelic PTSD Healing – A Patient’s Journey
- Psychedelics in the Healthcare System
- Psychedelics as a Tool for Enhancing Creativity
- Business Trip – A Psychedelic Industry Overview
- Psychedelic Potential – Technology and Consciousness
- Creating Better Leaders Through Psychedelics
- Building an Equitable Psychedelic Medicines System
SXSW officials will announce the official cannabis panel and psychedelics panel topics after all the votes are counted. For those interested in traveling to Austin in March 2023, now’s the time to put your input into choosing what cannabis-related topics they will discuss.